Saturday, October 4, 2008

Format for the first meeting thoughts

Introductions - Who you are and how long have you been doing KBs

Warm - up

Pumps
Halos
some Z-Health/Super joints/Intu-flow

Swings - one arm/two arm/h2h

Introduction to the other core lifts, TGU, Front Squats, Clean, press, Snatch.

Cool down

Some Relax into stretch

Schedule next meeting, Monthly or bi-monthly, what are we doing in the winter months. We have an offer from Cleveland Crossfit to maybe use their facility on Saturdays mid- morning. Renee is working on a place on the west side. I have a few more people from work interested if it is on the west side.

Of course this is just my thoughts, Matt, Renee and Nate, what do you think? I will aslo be bringing my clubbells if anyone is interested.

I will also work on adding a calender to the site to post meetings and anything else that needs posting.

See you tomorrow.




4 comments:

MKSchinabeck said...

It all depends on the goals and experience of the group. I think the plans are a bit ambitious for 60-90 minutes. In my opinion we should focus on the program minimum. Talk about swings (king of the kettlebell exercises) and go over the "NEW" TGU. If people are up for a workout we could do some swing intervals. If individuals want to work on other exercises there should be enough experienced teachers to work one-on-one.

Unknown said...

I concur. I just threw that out there. We definitely need to know all levels. I know of at least one that needs to work on box squats before ever swinging. It all depends if this individual shows up. We may have to break up in 4 groups. Again this all depends on the turnout. But i do believe the joint mobility is a must. It has helped my 40 yr old body.

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Sounds like a great plan! I know I need to definitely get into using MORE joint mobility myself. I do get tiny aches and pains after a tough w/o (which Bob Dudley gave us this morning at BBOM). I have a friend who may come w/ me tomm who also need to refine her swing, also w/ box squats, possibly towel swing. I am really looking forward to this initial meeting!!!

MKSchinabeck said...

I also think a friend of mine who has never touched a kettlebell my show up. We may just have to break into small groups and go at it. Supposed to be nice weather tomorrow. Can't wait.

Matt